Yeast Infection Home Remedies are increasingly popular
Approximately 5% of all women experience chronic yeast infections, which means they may recur at least 4 times a year. As more and more people move away from traditional medicines and turn to alternative solutions, so also are more women learning to treat their yeast infections with yeast infection home remedies. We summarize below a few home remedies for yeast infection. All these home remedies are available at local health food stores, or herbal shops.
Tea Tree Oil
This essential oil is derived from the leaves of the tea tree. It has proven to act as an effective anti-fungal against yeast in animal studies. More studies are needed to prove just how effective it is. In the meantime, many women are reporting they get relief by inserting a tampon they doused with tea tree oil at nighttime.
It has been suggested by some doctors that because the vagina is already very sensitive, it may be uncomfortable to put something irritating into an already irritated environment. If this remedy feels uncomfortable in any way, it should be discontinued.
There are some effective anti-fungal properties in coconut oil. They can kill the responsible fungi and rid you of your yeast infection. You can use it as follows:
- Apply coconut oil onto the affected areas 3 times a day.
- Mix equal parts of cinnamon oil and coconut oil, and apply it to the affected skin area for controlling the growth of your infection.
- In the case of oral thrush, take coconut oil and swish it around in your mouth for approximately 5 to 10 minutes. Do not swallow, and do this 3 times a day.
Garlic is a powerful herb and is good for many ailments. It carries antibacterial, natural antibiotic components, and anti-fungal properties that are highly effective in the treatment of any type of yeast infection. You can use it in two different ways:
- Crushing a few cloves into a paste. Apply the paste directly onto the affected area. If you have no fresh garlic then dilute some garlic oil using Vitamin E and add in a few drops of the coconut oil. Apply that directly onto the affected area.
- Take fresh garlic cloves or a couple of the tablets orally every day. Eating the fresh cloves is very effective for treating yeast infections.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar, along with white vinegar, contain some components that help to control yeast infection and rid you of the fungi that are causing it. Employ any of these three options:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar into 1 cup of warm water. Drink two of those a day until your infection clears up.
- Take a hot bath and add in some vinegar. Let your body soak for around an hour. The skin irritation and the itching should subside quickly.
- Dilute the apple cider vinegar using plain water. Apply it externally to the affected area. Let it sit for 30 minutes and rinse it off with just
Cranberries have both anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that help fight off the fungi that are responsible for your yeast infection. They can also treat the urinary tract as well as any other type of bladder infections. You can use them as follows:
- Drink unsweetened cranberry juice throughout the day. This speeds up the overall healing process and produces effective results in quick fashion.
- If you do not have unsweetened juice, then taking the tablets 2 to 3 times daily will work well too.
Home remedies are becoming very popular these days. Those mentioned here have been proven to be very effective in the fight against yeast infection. In the following video, three of the above remedies are prepared, showing the steps involved in creating some of these treatments.